Pages

1/25/2012

Set Apart

My dad said I could write about my experience last night.   Now that I am officially a missionary I keep asking my family "am I allowed to do that?"  I guess as my last few thoughts, I want to share how everything really does come together.
Last night an hour before I was to be set apart I finally got nervous.   Really nervous.  I paced around the house, washed the dishes, put things away, sat down, walked up the stairs and back down and just tried to get all the gitters out.
My stake presidency shared their testimonies and thoughts with me before setting me apart.   It was definitely a great way to invite the spirit and get in the right mind set.   As soon as my dad, my brother, President Bell, Bishop Bilbro and Bishop Lunt placed their hands on my head, a huge wave of peace washed over me and every bit of nervousness and anxiety went away.   It was confirmed to me in that moment that this is what I'm supposed to be doing in this time of my life.   I'm so grateful for the blessings that I was given and so blessed to have such an amazing and supportive family.

The gospel is amazing and such a great source of happiness.

I'm heading for the MTC in just a few short hours but again wanted to thank everyone for their kindness, good examples and support.

Love,
Sister Traci Yeo 

No comments:

Post a Comment