Pages

5/05/2013

:-)


Where has the time gone?! I write in my planner every day but sometimes, I have to do a double take and realize we really are in May. This week was special and we received revelation about our area and investigators. I also was blessed and received personal revelation for the close of my mission and the start of my next mission at home. 

I also went on switch offs with Sister Steele, Professor Steele’s daughter. She is such a great missionary! During our companion exchange she really taught me how we can have short but meaningful lessons with investigators. Since being on the mission, lessons that I've had taught have ranged from 20 minutes and now are about 1 hour long. Of course, it's not necessary to have the investigator sit that long and talk with us. The spirit was there and the doctrines are accepted. She's great at the language but more importantly she understands what being a missionary means. 

This past week was also a trial of patience and humility for me. I'm still trying my hardest to support and work with an Elder in our district. Doctrine and Covenants 121 has become one of my favorite scriptures. After praying, everything turned out a lot better and I felt a lot closer to the Savior. I thought about that experience when we went home to study after church and during the first mission leadership council, President Senior gave all of us a talk called “Beware of Pride” by Ezra Taft Benson (if you have time you should look it up. It's intense). After reading that talk I felt really humbled, grateful and want to do better. Sometimes, I feel like I know everything; I admit. Especially, since the elders are younger in age in the mission but they too are trying to be the best missionaries. We are all on the same team and we need to work together. It's easy to forget when they do something dumb or say mean things but at the same time, we sisters are not perfect. I read that talk for the first time yesterday and I'm grateful for the prompting of the spirit to change what I had already planned to study and teach me something more. 

This week we are going on another switch off but with the sisters in the Bangkok North area. I love these two sisters just as much and admire them for their hard work and never ending optimism. I anticipate to learn from them as well. 

Thank you all for your help and advice with this leadership calling. This week, I felt like I needed to do more to organize myself. After praying, something came to mind and now I have a wonderful system (color-coded, of course). So many things happen every day and all we want is to do the Lord’s will and help people know the Savior. 

I hope you have a great week. If you have wedding invitations/information to share, I know of this sister missionary somewhere in Bangkok, I think she's in Bangkapi...yeah, yeah I think she's curious to know.  ;-) hehe

Oh yeah, TALK TO YOU ALL NEXT WEEK!! WOO WOO 
I'll be on at 7:00 a.m. Bangkok time (ha still can't convert the time for you) 

Always, 
Sister Yeo 

p.s. One of the members in our ward is from Germany. His wife is from Thailand. Yesterday before leaving he told me, "Sister Yeo you are a sunshine girl. You remind me of my daughter when you walk into the room; it's like there's always sunshine. Thank you for always being happy and smiling." (with a German accent)

It's made my day!!! :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment