Pages

11/11/2012

The Lord Is In The Details



How is everyone doing? Is it COLD? Cause I was freezing last night. Oh yeah BTDubbs... I'm in Chiang Mai ... AGAIN!! :D :D :D heheh 

We have a mission tour and then I’m doing switch offs again. So I'll stay here till Thursday and head back that evening! This time I'm doing switch offs in the branch I served in so I'm way excited to see more investigators and members. 

Down in P-lok, the week started out a little rough. A lot of our investigators were not available to meet with us and many of them didn't answer our phone calls. I feel that we worked hard to use our time wisely and in return Heavenly Father blessed many lives in Phitsanulok. Towards the end of the week we had a miracle!! President Ken asked us to work with a less active member--Sister Lee. We have gone to her house almost every day or every other day for the last 4-5 weeks with no success. This last week we visited at a time when she was home and she ignored us completely. We saw her motorcycle and the TV was on. So we yelled “hello” and slowly the sound on the TV turned off and we stood there for 5 minutes and finally accepted rejection.

Then, Sunday morning rolls around and I was standing at the door greeting people when a lady who looks like Sister Wii (our "golden" investigator - who we’ve now dropped) walked into the front doors of the church. It wasn't her but I didn't know who it was so I asked a member and she said it was Sister Lee. My mouth literally dropped and then I ran to tell S. King who was talking with the people from America. Sunday was a great day! So many of the members were happy to see her and welcome her back in. 

Yes, so sadly about Wii, we had to drop her because, since last Sunday she has ignored every single phone call from us. She mentioned last Sunday that her husband was upset that she wasn't “satisfied” with the life they had and that she was looking for religion. So, there’s no baptism this Saturday. It hurts my heart to even say that. 

However, I learned a very valuable lesson this week. I feel that I have been blessed, comforted, strengthened and chastened. I loved every experience. At this point, everything that has happened over the last transfer and especially, this last week has opened up my heart and helped me to understand what true Christ like love is. What humility feels like and God's expectation I need to live up to. I read Elder Kristofferson's talk from General Conference in 2011 and he said, "If we sincerely desire to measure up to the high expectations of our Heavenly Father, He will ensure that we receive all the help we need, whether it be comforting, strengthening or chastening. If we are open to it needed correction will come in many forms and from many sources. It may come in the course of our prayers as God speaks to our mind and heart through the Holy Ghost." I needed that chastening from Heavenly Father and I needed to open my heart during this time. I love being a missionary and that Heavenly Father still understands that I fail but His love helps me every day. 

Always, 
Sister Yeo 

No comments:

Post a Comment