Pages

3/17/2013

Best Ward Ever!




With Sister Dukda!

S. Stolworthy (MTC Comp), S. Davies and I

Send off/Last day in P-lok

Brother Bob's baptism

New area/Ward
I'm sure you'll all excited to hear what happened at transfers. I moved from Phitsanulok and I'm back in Bangkok in an area called Bangkapi! I so incredible happy this is the only place I wanted to come to if I had to come back to Bangkok. I guess I will need to plan to come back to Thailand soon and see what the Esan is like since I will probably finish my mission in this area. My companion is Sister Kittimas and she is from Thailand from a province called Nong Kai. She is AMAZING! She is so hard working and has such greenie fire! She has such a love for the work and understands her purpose so well. I'm truly blessed to be her companion. Next transfer I'll be training. All with the rest of the mission (no surprise). We’ll have 35 missionaries coming in. Our district in particular will be really young because we have 6 missionaries here and 3 of them will be brand new. I have officially become the "oldest" person in terms of age and mission transfers in our district. :( 

The area is wonderful! The Elders prepared and have been helping us so much. They are also a blessing to us. The first day we got here they took us to some of our potential investigators and showed us a huge map and asked us what we think about the split in our area and so forth. The members brought us dinner and it was so sweet because we were all starving! There also happened to be a relief society activity on Saturday which was so perfect because we got to know all the members. There is a sister here who I met 7 or 8 months ago when I was in Bangkhae. She and her daughter gave me big hugs when they saw me and it just made me so incredible happy that they are in this branch. Oh before I forget, my last day in P-lok was perfect. Because we both had a strong feeling I was moving I did most of my packing on P-day and here and there. So we were able to work, work, work all day on Wednesday. It was also my last “youth” activity and my heart just about burst. My RC Sister Dukda walked into the kitchen and I actually screamed hehe. I can't explain how happy I was to see her after missing her for so long. The funny thing is, I told S Zatarain about her a lot the week before and just so happened that she came on my very last day in the area. It was a miracle. 

Right now we are trying to figure out what the ward needs and how we can help it grow and be strong. We met with a handful our new investigators and potentials and less actives already thanks to the Elders. Everything is good, yes as you know I will be coming home in July. :/ But I am happy to see you all. Last night I just made a collage of all your pictures in my journal. I'm so happy we will all be together forever. :) 

This week I don't have much else to report but Saturday brother Bob got baptized. When he shared his testimony, you could really feel how much this kid has changed. This quarter our mission is focusing a lot on repentance and initially I always think of it as 'we do something bad, so then we need to repent'. That's correct but there is also repenting of those smaller things that we need to change to be even more like the Savior. There is never a day where we should feel content because this is why we came to this world. To learn how to change and become perfect and meet God. 

I love you all!!
Always, 
Sister Yeo 


No comments:

Post a Comment