Pages

3/10/2013

Happy St. Patty's Day


It's been a really great week and things in Phitsanulok are still wonderful. Last Saturday Sister Oui got baptized and confirmed on Sunday!! She was so prepared and so happy to be baptized. Her testimony was simple and very sincere. 

I've thought a lot about my time here in Phitsanulok and the time I have left of my mission. This morning I looked over the last 6 months and was happy to know that every month, at least one person was baptized and Heavenly Father let me be a part of that! I love the members here so much and the investigator we have now; Sister Boom has such a great desire to be baptized that she is changing essentially everything in her life to follow the Savior. She was out of town yesterday but looked up the church in Bangkok so she could still attend sacrament meeting, Sunday school and Relief Society. Along with my "reflection" so to speak of my time here I thought about what Heavenly Father needs me to do for the rest of my time here. 

I feel like I'll be moving this Thursday and it's sad to be leaving. However, I have learned so much from everyone here and I have made some lifelong friends. The experiences have left an impression of love on me and I hope I've been able to do the same for others. 

Recently, President Senior sent out a book of "instructions" specifically for our mission. As Sister Zatarain and I studied it, we came across some rules that we thought would be hard to do. However, as we discussed it more, we concluded that obedience is what we taught Sister Boom the day before and what we teach to every single person we meet. If we ourselves can't do that, why are we even on a mission? We left everything behind to focus solely on the work! One of the rules we were asked to observe is to not write to our recent converts (of the opposite gender) more than once a transfer, which is a 3-month period. And if they respond, the office will not send them out and because of the change in office elders and AP's moving we should expect to not hear from them. (Not to worry, letters from home still get sent out to us) We both were so sad about it because we won't be able to contact people like Brother Jack, Guy and Oh, etc. after we leave this area. Luckily, there are other blessings stored up when we choose that we would obey this exactly. 

Overall, things are great! Healthier and happy! Sister Zatarain and I have had sooo much fun these last two transfers! I'm really glad that we could learn from each other. 

I hope you all have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!! hehe 

LOVE YOU
Always, 
Sister Yeo


No comments:

Post a Comment