Pages

7/16/2012

Progress


The weeks are going by so quickly.  How is everyone doing?  Is it hot over there?  Because it is over here!  I never drank so much water in my life!  It's okay though I actually really enjoy it here.  It's not about where you serve, just how you serve; and we sure are making it fun.  I finally got around to organizing my papers and letters, etc. that I didn't get a chance to in Chiang Mai.  But I realized I never answered some of your questions...I'm sorry.  Sometimes there's so much to share and just not enough time.  But overall, all is well. 

So this week was :-))) Awesome.  I love, love, love my companion.  We have so much fun with her everyday. :P  This week, we met just about every goal and exceeded them as well.  We taught about 24 lessons and found 13 new investigators.   This week our goal is to make those people daters and start getting them to progress.   I think the area here will flourish rapidly and if we can inspire the members to be involved we'll probably just be baptizing everyone!   Heavenly Father just helped us out soo much this week.   My companion and I decided we would face challenges with optimism and faith.  She is seriously stellar.  She was sick all week and she worked sooo hard.  I constantly asked her how she was doing, because she didn't look comfortable but yet she worked and worked.   I tried to do what I could to help her but she just way too great!  We have about 3-4 regular people we teach throughout the week meaning we have A LOT of inviting time.  

Now, most missionaries here don't like it because it’s hot...like really hot in the afternoons.  We've gotten to know each other and share stories often.  Things are fantastic here in Bang Khae.   I'll be honest--I miss Chiang Mai and the investigators there; but I love it here in different ways.  This week I thought about how I can focus on leaving Bang Khae better that when I first came (like it says in Preach my gospel) and I liked the quote from the book you gave me mom.  It says, "I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances."  Basically, whether I'm in Chiang Mai, here in Bang Kae or other area, I'm still a missionary doing the Lord’s work and that alone is a blessing and a privilege.   

Oh yes, so we had a multi branch activity on Saturday and had a really good turn out.  It was SOO funny and cute because our branch presidents and all the leaders got involved.  These brethren uh to put it nicely are not the youngest; but we had this race and it was so adorable watching them run around.   It was one of those, you had to be there moments but Sister Monterrosa and I were laughing about it (in a good way) the rest of the day.   We received a few referrals and for me, I got to get to know the members better.  Later that day, we went to "The Project" to invite and we found a really adorable lady with four kids who committed to a date to get baptized!! We met our goals for the day and got a lot of new investigators and return appointments so it was a phenomenal day.   That morning, I read in Mosiah 5:5 for personal study and I saw it apply during my day.  In fact, every day Heavenly Father just gives me these little tender mercies and shows me how what I study applies in life and the lives of our investigators. 

Right now I feel very blessed and hopeful about my goals in Bang Khae.   I'm reading the Book of Mormon in Thai and trying to finish it by the end of the transfer (August 15) so it's pretty perfect because we read a lot to our investigators.  The lady that is blind...we read to her and then the lady who is pregnant but her husband is in Taiwan; we read to her because Thai isn't her first language.  She can speak it but can't read it.  I feel like it's been helping my Thai improve a lot and quickly.  I usually use my language study hour to practice reading and writing and learning the lessons.  Seriously, Heavenly Father just takes care of us missionaries (and our families ;D) 

Well I love you all 
HAVE FUN ON YOUR BIRTHDAY SQUIRT!! I <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 You all!! 

Love you, 
Sister Yeo 

No comments:

Post a Comment